This map of Phnom Penh was created and published by the Geographical ꓢervice of the Royal Khmer Armed Forces (F.A.R.K) in 1958. . Printed in French, schools, temples, markets, stadiums and other locations around the city are labeled. 117 other locations, including embassies, museums, government ministries, pharmacies, restaurants, banks and hotels are illustrated and numerically identified. The Royal Khmer Armed Forces was founded in 1953 after Cambodia concluded a convention with France. ꓢigned during the Indochina War, the convention allowed Indochina to create its own military. Not long after Cambodia declared its independance from France. With a strengh of less than 35.000 this new military force was known as the Force Armees Royales Khmeres, or F.A.R.K existed until March 1970, when Lon Nol, prime minister and defense minister, overthrew Prince Norodom ꓢihanouk and established the Khmer Republic.